View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Psalm 80:3

Come to save us.


And that's exactly what he did.  He came to save us.  This plea by the Jewish people was a plea for God to come and save them from their enemies who were trying to destroy them and take their land.  But God knew that there was a far more dangerous enemy that they had, who was trying not simply to take their land, but to destroy their very souls.  This is the enemy that God came to save them and us from.  And he did.  By suffering and dying on the cross for the sins of all, Jesus defeated Satan and took away his power.  Yes, Satan continues to fight battles, but the war was lost when Jesus died and rose again.  Satan has no power over us.  Our sins are forgiven and we are saved so long as we accept Christ as our savior and strive to live according to his teachings.


I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands One who is my Savior
I take Him at his word and deed
Christ died to save me this I read
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my Savior
That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man, to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

My Savior loves, my Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God He was, my God He is
My God is always gonna be

AARON SHUST- "My Savior, My God"

No comments:

Post a Comment