View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Psalam 44:25

Why do you hide your face?


That's a good question!  One that I've wondered about all my life.  Why doesn't God show himself to all of us right now?  Why does he remain hidden?  Why can't we just see him, so that like Thomas the apostle, we can see and believe?  Yes, I know.  We are more blessed than Thomas because we cannot see, but still believe.  But it would be so much easier if we could see the face of God. 


It is difficult to have a relationship with someone you can't see.  How is it that the one I love the most, I have never seen?  Can I really love God with all my heart, all my soul, and all my strength when I have never even seen him?  By not being able to see him, don't I run the risk of creating a god in my own image and likeness rather than recognize that it was I who was created in the image and likeness of God? 


I suppose that some would respond to my questions by arguing that God did make himself visible in Jesus, but that few people recognized him as God.  Why would I be any different than those who saw him and yet still didn't believe?  


Why is it that when we die and finally see the face of God, we will want to gaze upon him for all eternity and remain with him forever, but when he walked upon this earth, few felt that way?  Truthfully, it's all a mystery to me.


Thomas needed
Proof that You had really risen
Undefeated
When he placed his fingers
Where the nails once broke Your skin
Did his faith finally begin?
I've lied if I've denied
The common ground I've shared with him

And I, I really want to know You
I want to make each day
A different way that I can show You how
I really want to love You
Be patient with my doubt
I'm just tryin' to figure out Your will
And I really want to know You still

NICHOLE NORDEMAN- "To Know You"

No comments:

Post a Comment