View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1 Samuel 16:7

Not as man sees does God see, because man sees the appearance but the Lord looks into the heart.


So often we judge people by the way that they look or dress.  This is only natural as our first impressions are almost always based upon what we see with our eyes.  But we have to be careful that we don't allow those first impressions to be the determining factor in how we see people and interact with them.  As we all know, looks and first impressions can be deceiving.


Looks and appearances aren't very important to the Lord, if they are important to him at all.  The Lord judges people by what is in their hearts.  This is difficult for us to imitate, because what is in a person's heart is difficult to see.  It requires getting to know the person, talking to them, listening to them, being with them for a while.  It requires a relationship and relationships require time and effort and sacrifice.  But this is what God asks of us.  He wants us to imitate him and so we are asked by him to not judge people by superficial standards, but by what is in their hearts.  


She's a skin art junkie, all cute and petite
All her fat-cat schemes don't work out
Don't you even blame me
It's a real bad thing to spill your shades
For a blind man to find them
Who can feel the whole earth move and don't even mind it


I wanna know you
Better than I do
Relieve me from myself
Bring me into you
I wanna know you better than I do
Relieve me, lead me, bring me into


Your Holiness
Your Kingdom
Your Righteousness
My Freedom


She's an easy scare
She's a simple bluff
She's a timid girl
Shes in love
JENNIFER KNAPP- "Into You"

No comments:

Post a Comment