View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1 Samual 2:6

The Lord puts to death and gives life; he casts down to the nether world, he raises up again.


I think that this verse is less about the afterlife than it is about my life here and now.  My life has been a series of up and down periods and continues to be.  At various times I find myself sinking, wondering if my life can get any lower than it is. Sometimes it is problems beyond my control that bring me to the abyss, while at other times it is problems that I have brought on myself.  Eventually, I can feel the hand of God lift me up and wipe away the problems and stress.  At times he lifts me so high that I feel close to him, even at one with him.  


Whether it be the low moments or the high ones, God is with me.  It is he that has control over all things.  Nothing can separate me from his love.


Face to the ground
To hide the fatal cut
I fight the weight
Feel you lift me up
Can't deny it burns me up inside
I fan the flames to melt away my pride
Only had a second to spare
But all the time in the world
To know you're there
You are the shelter from the rain
And the rain to wash me away



I need you, I need you, I need you
I need you, I need you, I need you
You're all I'm living for
I need you, I need you, I need you
You're all I'm living for
All I'm living for
You're all I'm living for

JARS OF CLAY- "I Need You"

No comments:

Post a Comment