View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Isaiah 42:6-7

I formed you and set you as a light for the nations, to bring out prisoners from confinement and from the dungeon, those who live in darkness.


Have you ever found yourself in a really dark place where there is no light at all?  Perhaps in a haunted house maze or out in the wilderness on a moonless night?  Taking even one step can be frightening.  You put your hands out in front of you to protect your face, and shuffle your feet to prevent yourself from stumbling.  I remember waking up in the middle of the night once as a small child and getting twisted around in my bedroom.  Instead of finding the door, I ran into my dresser which was in the opposite direction as the door.  Panic immediately set in as I tried to orient myself, but the darkness left me in complete confusion.  The banging into the dresser and my panicked cries must have awakened my father, because the light to my room was quickly turned on and I was able to see both the mistake I had made and my way out of the room.


Often in life we find ourselves in darkness.  There are many reasons that this can occur.  Sometimes it is self-inflicted and at other times it is forced upon us by some outside force.  Whatever is the cause of our darkness we can find comfort in knowing that God has sent us help, his own son Jesus, to be a light for us in the darkness.  With him we will find our way and realize any mistakes we have made that may have brought the darkness upon us.


When you're down and you're discouraged,
When the darkness clouds your view,
You've got to gather up your courage.
You know the Lord is gonna see you through.
Let me tell you now, tell you now...

When you're walking in the dead of night,
When your soul is churning,
When your hope seems out of sight,
Keep the candle burning.
All it takes is one steady heart,
In a world that's turning.
Shine a light and pierce the dark,
Keep the candle burning.
Keep the candle burning.



One ray of light always breaks through.
Follow wherever He takes you.
Wherever He takes you.

POINT OF GRACE- "Keep the Candle Burning"

No comments:

Post a Comment