View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

View of the Sea of Galilee from Capernaum

Monday, February 1, 2010

Psalm 3:5

When I call out to the Lord, he answers me.

So often people have an image of God that is of some impersonal being, sitting on high looking down from heaven, waiting for us to make a mistake so that he can pounce on us.  But God is really just the opposite of that.  He knows each one of us better than we know ourselves.  He loves us more than anyone.  He is not off in some distant place, but is right beside us waiting for us to speak.  Wehn we call out to him, he answers in the depths of our hearts.

I think that that may be the problem that people have with God.  They're not used to listening to, or possibly they can't hear, what is being spoken to them in their hearts.  They're bombarded by so much information and noise that they can't hear the quiet whisper of God anymore.  Instead, they hear the many loud deceptions that are thrown at them each day.  Gradually, they begin to listen to those deceptions and to accept them as the truth.  But the Truth is found in knowing and having an on-going relationship with the Lord.  He's right beside them waiting for them to call out to him.

Pencil marks on a wall, I wasn't always this tall
You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed
You watched my team win
You watched my team lose
Watched when my bicycle went down again
And when I was weak, unable to speak
Still I could call You by name
And I said, Elbow Healer, Superhero
Come if You can
You said, I Am

Only sixteen, life is so mean
What kind of curfew is at 10pm?
You saw my mistake and watched my heart break
Heard when I swore I'd never love again
And when I was weak, unable to speak
Still I could call You by name
And I said Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper
Be my best friend
And you said, I Am

You saw me wear white by pale candlelight
I said forever to what lies ahead
Two kids and a dream, with kids that can scream
Too much it might seem when it is 2am
And when I am weak, unable to speak
Still I will call You by name
Shepherd, Savior, Pasture Maker
Hold onto my hand
You say, I Am

The winds of change and circumstance blow in and all around us
So we find a foothold that's familiar
And bless the moments that we feel You nearer

When life had begun, I was woven and spun
You let the angels dance around the throne
And who can say when, but they'll dance again
When I am free and finally headed home
I will be weak, unable to speak
Still I will call You by name
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer
Comforter, Healer, my Redeemer
Lord and King, Beginning and the End

I Am
Yes, I Am

NICHOLE NORDEMAN- "I Am"

No comments:

Post a Comment